2018 Canvass Vacancies
We are currently looking for enthusiastic people to assist with the Annual Canvass. Every year the Council is responsible for producing a new electoral register for publication on 1 December.
Our canvassers help us to do this by carrying out house-to-house visits starting in September to collect elector information on household enquiry forms. It may take several visits at different times and on different days to make contact with the residents.
Canvassers are required to complete their canvassing within the specified time frame and keep regular contact with the Elections team to update them on progress made.
Canvassers are required to have:
• Good communication skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
• Be professional and politically neutral
• Committed to completing the canvass
• Confident in talking to people
All canvassers will receive full training. The rate of pay is £8.83 per hour.
For more information or to register an interest in this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01892 554024.